Yo Prairie FIRE Family! Guess what? I did my first podcast/radio interview for the Prairie FIRE Canada blog! I was invited to speak on the Sirius Radio show/Podcast Moolala: Money Made Simple. In my interview I share my story, talk about the FIRE movement is and how I plan to reach my goal of financial independence.
To say that I was nervous is an understatement, but I am pretty proud that I had the guts to do it. Take a listen.
About Bruce Sellery
The host Bruce Sellery is a personal finance expert, published author, MoneySense columnist, has his own Sirius Radio show, and podcaster. He is on a mission to help the average person get a handle on their.
About the Podcast
In this podcast I talk with Bruce about a number of topics:
- What is Financial Independence/ Retire Early
- The Prairie FIRE story and my three financial shocks,
- My plan to increase our savings rate
- My goals and staying focused
- The biggest challenge trying to reach FIRE and overcoming lifestyle inflation
- How I engaged with the FIRE community and finding my tribe
8 Minutes of Fame
Here’s to my 8 minutes of fame! I was so honoured to be able to speak on behalf of Canadian FIRE. Hopefully it will lead to more people to think more about personal finance, financial independence and connecting with community.
All the best,
Mr. Prairie FIRE